Counselling Northwood will not pass on your data to any third party without first gaining your consent.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by notifying us in writing or by e.mail.
The therapist that you make an appointment with will receive your personal data as given for the purpose of contacting you and identifying you.
Our therapists are self employed and will have their own agreement with you with regard any date they hold.
PRIVACY NOTICE Continued with regards to Counselling Northwood reception.
(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons
1. We need to collect personal information about you in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
Your contact data limited to name, telephone number (and email or address) if given is stored :-
In an appointments diary and the offices are always locked out of working hours. Also on an office computer,laptop or phone using a secure online diary and the offices are always locked out of working hours, these are password protected.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can contact you.
- Our reception staff, because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders .
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Counselling Northwood,Alternatives,118 High St,Northwood,Middx.HA6 1BJ